This is a blog meant for the use of individuals and families which contains Family Home Evening lesson ideas and plans for the 2019-2020 "Come Follow Me" curriculum. This is meant to supplement the resource "Come Follow Me: For Individuals and Families". This is not an official page of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Tuesday, September 27, 2022

The End.


Where to begin? 4 years ago at General Conference when they announced the Come Follow Me curriculum, I was... well I was a little shocked and very overwhelmed and intimidated. I had 3 small kids at home and 1 on the way. My husband was in the middle of a demanding residency program and I felt completely inadequate to put one more thing on my plate. I always knew in the back of my mind that my children's spiritual education was mainly my responsibility, but I never had felt how big that responsibility was until that moment. 

I thought that the easiest thing for me to implement this new program would be to think of kid-friendly family home evening lessons that went along with the reading for each week. I knew that if I was going to put something like that together for myself, I might as well make it public and share it with friends and family. 

There was a learning curve at first. I had some major set backs halfway through the New Testament year, but I decided that I might as well keep moving forward, because my family needed it. Then when 2020 came, I realized just how blessed I was. President Nelson was truly inspired by God to implement the Come Follow Me program when he did. It helped so many people, myself included, to feel connected to the Church and each other when we were all "six feet apart." That year was also The Book of Mormon year--which was perfect. I felt so connected to Christ even though everyone around the world was going through so much. 

At the end of 2020, I was burnt out. I did not think I could go on to D&C, let alone Old Testament. I actually decided to just do the first few lessons and then see where my life took me, and through the grace of God, I wrote the Doctrine and Covenants lessons so stinkin' easily. I love learning about church history because I feel like we just keep learning more and more cool stuff about it as research and scholarship continues. It wasn't an area I was invested in until I was a lot older and, now it's one of my favorite things to learn about. 

Old Testament year has been a challenge mainly because there is so much in there. Ever noticed how long the Old Testament is compared to all the other books? Well, I did. Honestly, I have loved learning from the Old Testament. My family lives 2 hours away from the nearest temple, which is a blessing, but every other place I've lived has been a lot closer. It's a struggle for me to not get to go as often as I would like. I have loved studying the Old Testament because it reminds me of the ordinances and covenants of the holy temple. 

I'd like to end this journey by sharing my testimony. I love my Savior, Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for the Atonement and, I know that Jesus knows and loves me personally. I am so grateful for my Father in Heaven who gave us the sacrifice of His divine Son. I hope to one day return to live with Him again with my sweetheart and my posterity in the celestial kingdom. 

I have a strong testimony of The Book of Mormon. It is a light and a hope to all those who read it. It has taught me so much about who God is, how he loves, and who I am. I am so grateful to be born at this time so I can literally carry all the scriptures in my hand wherever I go. 

I know the Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God, that he really did see Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. He translated The Book of Mormon and he helped to restore God's Church to the earth with the power of the priesthood. I testify that President Nelson carries the mantle of God's prophet today. He speaks on God's behalf. As we listen to his counsel, we will come closer to Christ. 

Lastly, I'd like to share my testimony of the temple. I am so grateful for my temple blessings. I am so grateful that I have been endowed with priesthood power. I know that the temple teaches us how to return to our Heavenly Father and receive exaltation. I am so honored that I get to help my deceased family members to make the same ordinances and covenants I have. In a few short months, my oldest will be attending the temple to perform baptisms for the first time. My heart is filled with joy and love as I know that my family can--and hopefully will be--together forever.

I am so unbelievably grateful for the Come Follow Me program. It is amazing and I have loved it. I have learned more about the scriptures in these last 4 years than I could have ever imagined. Thank you for sharing this journey with me! 

Love, 

Kirstie Warr

💜

No comments:

Post a Comment